I am stuck, as I’m sure many of us readers are, in an endless battle between books. I have so many books on my bookshelf that are either waiting to be read for the first time or reread for the umpteenth time. I’m going to make a list because really I have nothing else to do.
Waiting to be read:
- Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
- All of the Beautiful Creatures novels (gee, thanks mom)
- “A Streetcar Named Desire” by Tennessee Williams
- “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead” by Tom Stoppard
- The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore
- All of the Harry Potter books (or at least 4-7 considering I’ve read 1-3 to the point of exhaustion)
- The Inkeart trilogy (guilty pleasure)
- His Dark Materials
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- So many more that I just can’t write them all!
Honestly, I don’t think this list is nearly as bad as it could be. I just want to read all of these books by the end of summer! After I finish Insurgent I planned on reading Beautiful Creatures… is that a wise choice? Let me know.
I think out of all decisions I have had to make in my lifetime thus far, finding the next book to read is one of the hardest. Deciding on a new book isn’t just deciding what author or writing style to endure, it’s more like deciding which world you want to explore. With so many worlds at my fingertips, how can I possibly choose? Especially now that I am nearing the end of Insurgent, how do I make the seamless switch between a dystopia and a purely fantasy world?
I plan to finish Insurgent today at some point. If that does happen, I will inform you all on what world I will enter next! I know, you’re all shaking in your boots. Until next time, DFTBA!